Tuesday 23 September 2008

illuminated by the lamp from argos


im sitting , no lounging, stretched out on mia, my cat's sofa, leaning against some plump cushions and able to see my keyboard because of my wonderful lamp that i bought the day i started this blog.. its great. im enjoying using my laptop in these new cosy conditions, though it does appear to be heating up my lap a little too much... maybe i should get one of said pump cushions and use it like a sickly breakfast tray with fold out legs...then my lap would be protected from the overwhelming heat.

work today was one of those days that just drifts by, but i was glad leave when the working day ended. on my way home i popped into the co-op up the road and nearly collapsed when i noticed piles of christmas selection boxes.. its only bastard september.. maybe i should get with it early this year and put my tree up now.

this evening i beauty bathed in an extra deep, extra hot bath.. it was almost up to my eyelids.. my reason for this wasnt just a wasteful disregard of the need to preserve water , or save on gas... it was actually because i seem to have done something to my shoulder.. its really hurting at the moment , every keystroke is AGONY... but the bath seemed to soothe it slightly, for the duration of being submerged at least.

after the bath i chatted on the phone to debbie, who was sewing on a sewing machine as she spoke to me. then i spoke to martyn who i'm pleased to say was sounding quite perky. and now im drinking my last cup of peppermint tea before i go to bed.. i didnt realise how late it was ..

No comments: